Those of you who have been following the Davis-Monthan AFB (DMAFB) Operation Snowbird Environmental Assessment (OSB EA) process can now see the final result, released today (spoiler alert, it came up FONSI). The Air Force has granted one 30 day extension to the original 30 day comment period. the Deadline for comments is now November 23, 2014.
Note that OSB is now called Total Force Training -- new name, same great taste! -- and, predictably, the EA is a beefy tome, available from DMAFB's website --http://www.dm.af.mil/library/tftea.asp -- in segments to keep bandwidth- choke to a dull roar:
* Draft: EA and Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) --http://www.dm.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140922-049.pdf -- [~5.5MB, 142 pages, PDF format], searchable plus maps and other graphics.
* Appendix A: Public Notice and Scoping Material --http://www.dm.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140922-050.pdf -- [~17MB, 416 pages, PDF format], includes some scans (mailed comment letters, newspaper clippings) so is mostly but not entirely searchable.
* Appendix B: Air Quality Calculations --http://www.dm.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140922-051.pdf -- [~147KB, 32 pages, PDF format], last three pages (emissions inventories for baseline plus two alternatives) are scans of docs, rest is searchable.
* Appendix C: Noise Analysis --http://www.dm.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140922-052.pdf -- [~12.5MB, 128 pages, PDF format], almost all searchable and worth a look.
* Appendix D: Interagency/ Intergovernemental Coordination and Consultations --http://www.dm.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140922-053.pdf -- [~534KB, four pages, PDF format], scans of correspondence between DMAFB and the State Historic Preservation Office regarding possible impacts to historic properties.
As DMAFB's press release (below) states, hard copy is also available for review (not for check-out) at some local libraries.
See home page for addresses.
Preliminary survey results from 15% response rate from 4,000 randomly selected households living within the impacted areas of DMAFB will be published in a few days.